This is an unofficial site that documents Dave Ramsey's quotable quotes. The nuggets of wisdom on this blog can add value to your life by helping you take control of your money.
Saturday, February 26, 2011
February 24, 2011 (The Dave Ramsey Show)
“I’m 50 years old, I’ve been paying in for 30+ years. Let me tell you how bad the math is on Social Security: I would sign a document if you would let, denying all of my Social Security rights, you wouldn’t have to pay me a dime, you could keep everything I’ve paid you for 30+ years if you would just let me not pay you anymore, and in the remaining 20 to 30 years I have left to work, what I would have paid in, I would make 40 or 50 times more on that money than what I would have made had I paid in my entire life. Government retirement plans? Does this not sound like something that sucks at its core? That’s cuz it does” Dave Ramsey